Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:59:28 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/30202: pointer to pointer to information

Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> wrote:
> My concern was that I wanted it to remain good for "whatever version
> we're on".
>
> Perhaps an entity for "current release release notes" would be nice.
> (Or perhaps I'm just ignorant of the one that exists.)

The release notes are now kept as SGML files, and the rendered
versions will soon be available on the web site.  This resolves this
problem quite nicely, since we can just point people at the latest
-stable release notes (those running -current should be smart enough
to figure out how to get to the right place by themselves).  However,
it introduces the problem of what architecture the link should be made
to.  Bruce, any ideas?