Date:      Mon, 8 Aug 2005 04:34:53 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 / XFree86 Installation

On Monday 08 of August 2005 04:22, Teo De Las Heras wrote:
> I tried changing MASTER_SITES but then the I got an error that the
> local time does not match the remote ??  What did work was fetching
> the file from the xlibs site.  I didn't even know about the fetch
> command!!  I tried downloading that file onto my Windows desktop and
> then using FTP to get it into my FreeBSD box.  Any idea why that was
> causing the checksum to fail?

I believe it usually happens when not entire file is downloaded in first try
and when fetch tries the second time (perhaps from another mirror) this
difference confuses it. What usually helps is doing 'make distclean' which
removes partially downloaded file and then trying again. I'm not completely
sure though :)

Dejan