Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:28:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Here is what IBM thinks about using FreeBSD on their newer

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Terry Lambert wrote:

> I keep meaning to play with this; does it support triggered
> mutual replication between two hosts running the code?  I
> really want fault tolerance, load balancing, and automatic
> fail-over (basically, by having the load all move to one
> machine instead of two [actually more complicated], so that
> everyone gets degraded service, instead of some number being
> denied service entirely).

Marc Fournier is both a FreeBSD guy and a Postgres guy.  I think he may be
a developer for both.  I have seen him active on lists for both projects.

I will take my lame newbie SQL shot at an answer.  Postgres supports
triggers and transactions.  I presume one could use these to keep two
seperate databases in synch.  I don't know much more about it than these
functionalities exist.

Thank you,
Jason C. Wells