Date:      Wed, 12 May 2004 10:27:48 -0700
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kaveh Gh <gangland_1464@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Ethernet configuration

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 10:36 pm, Kaveh Gh wrote:
>  Hi.
>
>  I had the same problem in debian but not in FreeBSD.
>  Anyway, the approach is general! First of all, take a
> look in CD of your network adapter which comes with
> your LAN adapter. These days, most brands, include the
> linux driver(module) in their proceeding CDs. Mostly
> they are in /Linux folder.

All of your response is geared towards Linux. But this is a FreeBSD
list. Different operating system. Different kernel. While most things
in "userland" will be identical, the kernel and associated
infrastructure are very different.

The net/nvnet port is a nForce2 MCP Ethernet driver. This builds a
FreeBSD wrapper around part of NVidia's Linux driver. The tricky part
will be getting this installed without the network.

David