Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:38:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux emulation

Could someone please  explain to me how I can see what files
are in a .rpm archive and where they will get installed?

I would also love to hear if someone got glx working under
the emulation (you know, for that q game) - I came nothing
further than Mesa 3 software rendering.

Every attempt to get an accelerated XFree86 running ended
fruitless (and got me lots of crashes).

While the emulation itself seems to work very good, it is
hard to get accustomed to that bunch of library versions
and where they are supposed to reside.

After wasting most of this Sunday, I am also unsure if it
is possible to get away with a Linux glx aware Mesa lib and
FreeBSD XFree86 SVGA server + FreeBSD glx module or if
that trio has to be pure Linux.

Regards,
Marc