Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 02:03:32 -0000 (GMT)
From:      weasniak@geocities.com
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@bitbox.follo.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>, Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mentor program (was: Stealable idea?)

On 21-Nov-97 Eivind Eklund wrote:
>However, with the level of enthusiasm for this idea among the
>committers (read: absolutely none), I've dropped doing anything more
>about setting up a mentor page or similar.  It would be easy to set
>up, but if nobody except me would take on the work of functioning as a
>dedicated external contact for an external party, it seems fairly
>pointless.

I would be interested in doing something like this. (Especially being mentored)
I have only been using Unix (FreeBSD) since May, and while I am picking up
a lot, I still have a good portion of the learning curve to ride out.

Also, I think that if we brought this request into a little more light
(read: beyond -chat) we may find people that are willing to do some
mentoring.

I may be able to do a little in the lines of Tcl/Tk, but I don't know if
I could answer any questions beyond some of the basics.

Daniel Gast:
Weasniak@geocities.com