Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:29:37 -0400
From:      "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! New (incomplete) /dev/random device!

Mark Murray wrote:

> > On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Warner Losh wrote:
> >
> > > Some days is OK, imho.  Much more than that and I'd begin to worry.
> > > Much more than a week or two and I'd worry a lot.  I'll go put a note
> > > in updating right now.
> >
> > That's okay with me too. People should just not upgrade their work
> > machines for the next few days until entropy is fixed.
>
> Upgrading is fine; just don't build certificates/credentials.

Upgrading is *not* fine. Everything that uses high-quality
randomness is broken. This includes SSH, PGP, GnuPG,
Apache/SSL random pid generation and what not. No, upgrading
is not fine at all.

Cheers,
Jeroen
--
Jeroen C. van Gelderen          o      _     _         _
jeroen@vangelderen.org  _o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)