Date:      24 Nov 1999 21:47:51 +0200
From:      Vadim Belman <voland@plab.ku.dk>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD based Debian...

	Hi Bill!

On 24 Nov 99 at 20:28, "Bill" (Bill Fumerola) wrote:

 >> recompiling Debian packages to work on that system. Reactions
 >> varied. John Goerzen worries that a version of Debian based on a BSD
 >> copyrighted kernel would open the door to third parties taking our work
 >> and making it proprietary, and also that "we are essentially giving
 >> first aid to software that is dying (and rightfully so) because of its
 >> license". Many others

 Bill> Several people have told me that the 'John Goerzen' quoted here is
 Bill> an idiot even amongst the Debian community.

	This should be right. Such a rubbish cannot be said by a clever
	person. Still, being placed on an official site it looks more
	serious.

 Bill> Take with a grain of salt..

	I expect a bit more job for myself: explanations for some beginners
	will be necessary.
--
    /Voland			Vadim Belman
				E-mail: voland@plab.ku.dk