Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:18:57 -0800
From:      Ron Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel NIC

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Wes Peters was heard blurting out:

> Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:
> >
> > Ummm.... This is getting a little old. I am no programmer but read this
> > list to get insight on what things may not work or what might work.. It
> > has saved my BACKSIDE many times. I am also a user of ETinc hardware and
> > am aware of Dennis. I am also like I said someone who does not code. So
> > go FIX IT yourself attitude gets kinda old. It happens on #FreeBSD on
> > efnet all too much.
>
> So you agree that you and Dennis have some legal and/or moral ground to
> stand on in DEMANDING that I and others donate our own personal time to
> you for free, simply because you're incapable of fixing something your-
> self?
>
> This argument has NOT been about whether the fxp driver needs to be fixed,
> but rather whether Dennis or anyone can DEMAND time from FreeBSD developers
> as opposed to asking them politely or proposing some remuneration so they
> can afford to dedicate time to an individual problem.
>
> I think my stance on this is pretty clear, but just in case you haven't
> gotten the message, those of you who think you have some RIGHT to DEMAND
> my time can stuff it.

I guess my wording was off a little. I guess the point I was tring to
make was missed.

It is the go fix it yourself attitude I guess that gets me sometimes in
both the mailing lists and IRC. There is some people in the user base
that can not code but are able to find issues on there systems and would
like to share them with either of the forums mentioned. I guess the
better answer than the "Go fix it yourself" would be "Please submit a
PR". This way both the project and the party involved can track the
progress.

TIA
Ron Rosson              	... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 		   rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      	and all was /dev/null and *void()