Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:11:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steven J Corso <steve@netdtw.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Winmodem & Sierra Aircard 555

I am running FreeBSD 5.0 release and am trying to get my Lucent Winmodem
working on my Dell Latitude LS.  I have have managed to make & install the
comms ltmdm port.  dmesg is reporting :

ltmdm0: <Lucent Winmodem> port 0xf800-0xf8ff,0xfcc8-0xfccf mem
0xfedfe800-0xfedfe8ff irq 5 at device 16.0 on pci0
ltmdm0: type Virtual 16550A

Now that I have the kernel reporting the device, how do I access it?

I also have a Sierra Aircard that is reporting the following from dmesg:

pccard0: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0x0192, product=0xa555) at function
0
pccard0:    CIS info: Sierra Wireless, AirCard 555, A555

I also can not figure out how to access this device.

I would try to use /dev/MAKEDEV to make cuaa1,2,3 but MAKEDEV does not see
to be in /dev/.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Steve