Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 09:12:04 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        rminnich@Sarnoff.COM (Ron G. Minnich)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status of laptops?

Ron G. Minnich stands accused of saying:

> i've been wandering all over freebsd.org looking for the laptop of
> choice. There seem to be more questions than answers, so i thought i'd try
> this list. I'm after the following:
> 1) P90
> 2) 32+ mb ram
> 3) long battery life -- two batteries if possible. 3+ hours would sure be
>    nice
> 4) 800x600x8
> 5) ethernet card freebsd can deal with
> 6) and of course the 28.8K modem
>
> multimedia not required. it's nice if it is available but if it messes
> up 1-6 above i'll skip it. Anybody had any luck? is pc card support
> really here?

I've heard good noises about the Toshiba T410CS; this is one of the units
I was looking at back when I thought I was going to get one.
Stock they come with 8M of memory and no ethernet, but they appear to run
XFree fine and memory is available (if not cheap, then again no notebook
memory is cheap).

Also from my point of view Toshiba's "worldwide warranty" stuff was a big
plus.