Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:19:21 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   Re: HP ScanJet 4100c?

--nextPart1589806.Z6GbPrib05

On Friday 16 December 2005 08:02 pm, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Guys, is this my big opportunity or what!  :-)
>
> 	A friend bought an HP ScanJet 4100c for $15.  For unknoen
> 	reason, it does not work wsith W-XP, but might this work
> 	with FBSD?
>
> 	Otherwise, I'm looking for a scanner with OCR-ware.  For
> 	either my W2K box or FBSD.  I finally do have the book I'm
> 	aiming to scan; I  don;t know what happened to my friend
> 	with the microfiche of this text.  Zero reply.
>
> 	Is there anybody in the Western WA locale who'd be willing
> 	to lend me scanner with OCR software or tell me what to
> 	buy that works with FBSD.  For $15, it's worth asking about.

Check out if sane supports it.  I'm in a similar situation with a HP=20
Scanjet 6200C.  The driver on the HP isn't actually a driver so the=20
scanner is useless in Windows.  I booted into FreeBSD, kldload=20
uscanner, and started xsane, it worked perfectly.  I haven't tried=20
the OCR part of xsane, but it should work.
=2D-=20
Anish Mistry