Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:03:37 -0600
From:      "EXT-Hummel, Mark A" <mark.a.hummel@boeing.com>
To:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'mhumm2@mchsi.com'" <mhumm2@mchsi.com>
Subject:   Project Programming & Dedication Needed!!!

If this is not the best place to send this email, please tell me where would
be better.  Until then, here it is.  I played a game program called "Trials
of Battle."  This game was written by Shadowsoft for IBM's OS/2 operating
system (version 4 called Warp) and was distributed by Stardock
(www.stardock.com).  Neither company sells or supports this program at all
and I don't think source code is even available for it anymore.  In fact no
one supports it and I can't find the author.  As a FreeBSD user, I'm
searching for a programmer or developer who would be willing to code a clone
of this outstanding game?  I'm willing to provide any and all
(non-programming) support necessary to this project including: screen shots,
layouts and/or drawings, program functionality flowcharts, user options,
difficulty levels, etc.

FreeBSD does not currently have any native games written for it of this
caliber. I desperately want to see this game running natively on FreeBSD
systems. Please respond to both email addresses above.  Thank you.

Here's a brief description of the TOB game:

Stardock Systems, a leading OS/2 software vendor, announced Trials of Battle
today. Trials of Battle, a fast paced first person action game that has been
described as a combination of Quake and Mech Warrior, is in fact the first
3D action game designed specifically for OS/2. Trials of Battle uses all of
OS/2's latest multimedia advances. Trials of Battle has excellent graphics,
sound, and a full digital musical sound track.
"I think this game will replace Galactic Civilizations as OS/2's #1 game."
said Brad Wardell, Designer of Galactic Civilizations. "It's a terrific game
that people can sit down and get into right away but has enough elements to
keep people playing for a long time."

Sincerely,

Mark A. Hummel
Boeing, Logistics