Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:28:34 +0100 (BST)
From:      Kieran <kieran@esperi.demon.co.uk>
To:        ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oh, Heck

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, ML Duke wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 00:29:20 -0600 (MDT)
> From: ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
> To: freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
> Subject: Oh, Heck
>
> I've  got some files tar'd up as in:
>
> >tar cvpf /dev/rfd0 [directory]
>
> Anyone have a clue as to how to get them back off and on to the hard
> drive, again??
>
> ML Duke

Can you mount the floppy, and get the size of the file? Then you could
use dd to copy the raw file. On the other hand, if you can find that
out, you would probably just untar the file :)

Just a thought, if you tar xpv /dev/rfd0, what happens? When I heard
about the accident last week, I wondered about this. The f switch tells
tar to use a file rather than a device, so this might work.

Speaking of what happened last week, how did you get the floppy out of
the drive in the end?

Regards

Kieran