Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 14:27:57 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Dale Anderson" <danderso@crystalsugar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCWeek article by Anne Chen -- Comments

>    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Not bright enough to understan
d ????"   What  us IT people mean, is that running an application under emulati
on means it will run a little slower, as that middle abstraction layer has to e
mulate and that takes CPU cycles.  Another reason is that if you talk to some s

Like I said in another posting, "emulation" is not the correct term to
be using here then since no "middle abstraction layer" is being used in
the case of Linux binary compatibility (see, there's the new phrase you
should be using right there :).

- Jordan