Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2007 01:40:11 GMT
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/108980: list of missing man pages

The following reply was made to PR docs/108980; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To: Yonatan <onatan@gmail.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, yonatan@afarsec.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:21:47 -0500

 On Fri,  9 Feb 2007 16:39:41 +0200 (IST)
 Yonatan <onatan@gmail.com> wrote:

 > >Number:         108980
 > >Category:       docs
 > >Synopsis:       list of missing man pages

 [SNIP]: PR discussion, tool, and manual page list.

 I'm in favor of reviewing this with everyone else; however, I
 would like to run it on a "fresh" install of FreeBSD.  One with
 no ports or special build options.

 Also, there was once a way to handle ports manual pages; or at
 least a discussion of it.  I see many references to such things
 as zip and zsh, utilities that should not be referenced unless
 we somehow reference the port.

 Perhaps we should de-reference those pages, and add a paragraph
 stating that use of XXX/XXX utility might be useful.  Not sure,
 what do others think?

 --
 Tom Rhodes