Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 15:20:04 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   DES policy

Greetings!
     Previous releases always were "export clean" in this regard
(I've checked through 2.1.6 but can't find my 2.1.7R CD at the moment).
Yet, it appears that the 2.2.1R CD *does* include the DES stuff.
     Has there been a change in policy regarding the inclusion of
the DES stuff on the CD-ROMs?  If so, could someone indicate if the
policy is expected to remain in force and any reasons behind it
(personally, I *like* not having to ftp the DES stuff separately
but I want to make sure I'm aware of what's on the CD's in case
I ship one abroad).
    Thx!
--don