Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:22:05 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <cschuber@passer.osg.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek vs. CheapBytes

100% of Walnut Creek's FreeBSD profit goes to financially support the
FreeBSD project (similar to what RedHat does for Linux).  I think it's
well worth it to have this kind of corporate support as it helps ensure
the longevity of the project and O/S.  Without this kind of support
FreeBSD could be in significant debt like one other free O/S project I
know of -- which could possibly lead to the end of that project or make
it less viable.

Open Systems Group          Internet:  cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Government of BC