Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:04:35 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD isp'" <fisp@ccstores.com>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: digital signal processor

I've had some wonderful luck with the Ascend (Lucent) TNT platform.
It's very cheap on the used market (see ebay or the list @
isp-equipment.com), and with capacity at over 1000 ports in a 10U
chassis, it's very compact.

The components it uses are the same as used in the APX8000, so there's a
clear upgrade path, and I expect that Lucent will continue to develop
for this platform for quite some time.  The only gotcha, is that
firmware past 9.0.x will require a service contract.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks