Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:52:48 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable Users <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: marking ports as 'cleaned' in portaudit.conf ?

--TiqCXmo5T1hvSQQg

On 2005.06.24 10:58:36 +0100, Dick Davies wrote:

> I just manually patched up my ruby18 install and tried to tell
> portaudit that the local port is now clean, but it doesn't want to
> know:
>
> 	root@eris rasputnik # portaudit
> 	Affected package: ruby-1.8.2_3
> 	Type of problem: ruby -- arbitrary command execution on XMLRPC server.
> 	Reference: <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/594eb447-e398-11d9-a8=
bd-000cf18bbe54.html>

> 	^C
> 	root@eris rasputnik # cat /usr/local/etc/portaudit.conf
> 	portaudit_fixed=3D"594eb447-e398-11d9-a8bd-000cf18bbe54"
> 	root@eris rasputnik #
>
> what did I miss?

It seems like portaudit_fixed only works for "system" entries,
ie. base system vulnerabilities and is ignored package entries.

I think it would be useful to be able to suppress the certain package
vulnerabilities like you are trying to, but I don't think I will get
around to looking at implementing it any time soon.

Of cause the real solution to this particular problem would be for
someone to submit a patch for the port :-).

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--TiqCXmo5T1hvSQQg

--TiqCXmo5T1hvSQQg--