Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:15:12 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD? - License Issues

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:22:21 MST, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:

> This would be a huge step in the right direction.  We should do the
> same with Sendmail, BIND, nvi, and every other component of the O/S.

Every component?  I don't think so.

But as far as the major components that could be said to constitute
``subsystems'', I think lots of folks agree with you.

Lots of folks are not stepping forward to do the work, though. :-)

That's why many of us who agree with you keep quiet -- 'cause we're not
prepared to do the work ourselves.

Actually, I've spent some time thinking about a new installer, something
with lots of next and back buttons and finer control over what's
installed.  Just thinking about it gives me a head-ache, though.  I'll
be very impressed at the person or group of people who actually manage
to come up with something. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.