Date:      Sun, 25 Dec 2005 22:14:58 +0100
From:      "Martin P. Hansen" <mph@lima.dyndns.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Uninstall Apache???

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Jose Borquez wrote:
> I would like to know how you can uninstall Apache is it was installed
> from source?  I did a search on Google and read that you could just stop
> the service and then delete the apache source tree.  Is this true?

It probably depends on your definition of uninstall. Usually the
service binaries are installed in /usr/local/bin or sometimes in
paths like /usr/local/apache. Same goes for configuration files see
also hier(7). So stopping the service and removing the source tree
wont remove these.

Some makefiles comes with an uninstall target, so you might try
``make uninstall''. Otherwise you can do a rebuild and reinstall
from the sources again and look for recently changed files with
something like ``find / -newerct "10 minutes ago"''. This probably
have some shortcomings, but if you are careful it might do the job.

--
Martin P. Hansen