Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:32:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: loader dictionary full on 3.4R picobsd ?

> > While this is a good motivation to finally get rid of the fancy
> > loader config and do with a very plain loader.rc, any idea
> > on what caused this change between 3.3 and 3.4 ?
>
> FICL uses a pre-allocated dictionary. It's size has always been barely
> enough for the stuff we load. You can change the size in
> sys/boot/common/interp_forth.c, though the correct solution is growing
> the dictionary. It's in my plans... I really ought to sit down and
> finish all stuff I have pending for FICL.

including a bit of bare-bone documentation on what is
the minimal loader configuration that would be required
to load essentially the kernel and an FS image without having
to load loader.conf, defaults/loader.conf, loader.4th, support.4th
which are pretty bulky ?
(ok, this is a bit picobsd-oriented but after all this is
one of the only two uses of FICL that i know of...)

	cheers/happy new year
	luigi