Date:      22 Sep 2000 12:45:13 +0200
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        "Deegan, Eddy" <Eddy.Deegan@ecng.co.uk>
Cc:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Subject:   Re: static_routes in rc.conf

 DE> I want to use static_routes in rc.conf on release 4 to configure
 DE> two predefined entries in the routing table autmatically on
 DE> bootup. I tried various combinations of "destination gateway"
 DE> strings but it's not seeming to work. Cutting and pasting the
 DE> code out of rc.network reveals the eval statement therein which,
 DE> fankly seems bizarre. I can't make head nor tail of what it's
 DE> supposed to be doing.

The suff is "two-leveled", to make it easy to have multiple static
routes.

Try something like this:

static_routes="foo bar"
route_foo="128.98.200.22 193.128.139.225"
route_bar="10.47.11.17 193.128.139.224"
export route_foo route_bar

I used two static routes in the example to show the point of having it
this way, of course, it works well with just one route also ...

Isn't there an example of this somewhere? There should be. Maybe it
got lost in the split of rc.conf to /etc/rc.conf and
/etc/defaults/rc.conf ..?

--
Rasmus Kaj ------------------------ rasmus@kaj.se - http://Raditex.se/~kaj/
 \       Write down the problem - Get some coffee - Write down the solution