Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:55:29 +0200
From:      "Genghis Khan" <genghiskhan@gmx.ca>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "injunction" on the use of GA

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 20:18:15 -0400
Joe Altman <freebsd@chthonixia.net> wrote:

> And FWIW, it's not the community that, AFAICT, arguing against GA.
> It's a few people in that community who, apparently, don't wish to
> use any sort of localhost mechanism to adress the issue. Again, FWIW:
> I would prefer the FBSD project did not use GA; but it does and for
> good reasons. Weblog analysis is hard. Google, with its analytics,
> does it well. The project needs that analysis.

I do not think anyone can really know if this is a vast majority of the
community or a few. Maybe most, unfortunately, are in a little fear to
express themselves and challenge GA. Maybe some, do not want to bother
arguing because of time constrains or because of other reasons. Perhaps
most who are against GA are not subscribed to this mailing-list.

I do not think it is possible to know how many do http://xkcd.com/610/

The linked comic is, in my opinion, a realisation of how political
parties being elected to parliaments the world over keep their power.

HARD: Shut up! Do not dare expressing your views! Besides, it is just
you and some few unknown others.

SOFT: It is a "wasted vote". Do make a difference with "us" (you are
not included). Enjoy (being silently depressed in your) life!

--
Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms