Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 23:34:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
Cc:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Twice as many OS/2 as FreeBSD ???

Jonathan Lemon writes:
 > On Nov 11, 1997 at 09:48:38PM -0600, Steve Price wrote:
 > > BTW, does anybody know how I can get a box that does not have
 > > a direct connection to the internet working on a set of keys?
 > > There's a dual P6-180 NT box at work that I would love to throw
 > > into the mix.
 >
 > Also, what is the best way to get things working from behind a
 > firewall?  I have a few boxes behind a machine running the TIS
 > fwtk, but I can't seem to get a proxy connection through.  Web
 > browsers, cvsup, etc work, but not rc5.

If you don't have a direct connection, you might want to try running a
copy of rc564 in a second directory with just -fetch to get the
blocks, and then ftp buff-in.rc5 file to the NT box.  When it's done,
ftp the buff-out.rc5 file back and do an rc564 -flush.  I don't know
for sure that it will work, but you could try it with a small set of
blocks, and if it doesn't work, run the blocks again on your freebsd
box.

I'm able to run the Solaris client via a firewall by telling it to
talk to my firewall proxy in http mode.  I can send a copy of my ini
file tomorrow.

I have a dual CPU P6-200, and I can do about 340 blocks/day (537472.57
keys/sec).  I'm also running it on about 30-40 sparc 5's at night and
all weekend.  If I recall correctly, it takes about 9 sparc 5's to do
as many keys as my SMP P6.