Date:      Tue,  5 May 1998 11:34:48 -0400
From:      kriston@ibm.net (Kriston J. Rehberg)
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD and OpenBSD -- differences?

I've cut my teeth on all the free Unixes except OpenBSD.  After using
FreeBSD, I'm reluctant to move on since I've found that it's so much
better than NetBSD and the Linuxes.  Among those of you who have used
OpenBSD, what qualities does it possess, besides cross-platform ports
and self-proclaimed security hardening, that would make it any more or
less viable than FreeBSD?  I've read all the info about all of them,
but am reluctant to try OpenBSD.

Thanks,

Kris

PS...To try to avoid a flagrant idealism flame-war, I'm asking that
you reply only if you've actually used OpenBSD.

--
Kriston J. Rehberg
AOL: Kriston                        http://kriston.net/