Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:43:59 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Dave Yost <Dave@Yost.com>
Cc:        "Robert A. Bruce" <rab@pike.cdrom.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Linux PR firestorm disaster (w.r.t. FreeBSD)

> Sorry.  I've been going on extensive hearsay.  You guys who use
> these heavily will have to come up with the comparison.

And perhaps now you begin to realize the extent of the problem.

Effective marketing isn't created as a result of people running around
screaming "disaster! calamity!", it's created by people actually doing
the work of creating comparisons and other promotional material.
Considering your earlier burst of enthusiasm, I find your "someone
else will have to come up with something tangible" attitude to be a
little inexplicable. :-)  That's just not how things get done around
here.

> Gee, is linux really the better one as well as the most publicized?

The only problem I see here is that people don't agree on what
"better" means, nor do they necessarily know how to quantify it when
they see it in words that others can understand.

- Jordan