Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:27:22 +0200
From:      rene@xs4all.nl
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   choosing the perfect windowmanager?

Hi. so I've got my box up and running, and now I want a graphical
userinterface. Is there any documentation (or opinions) that you can offer me
about which one to choose? I'm quite baffled by all the options and
considerations, and would like to know what adheres to my minimum requirements..

my min requirements are, in order of importance:
- security - I definately need a way to connect to my desktop securely, prefferably using a webbrowser (java?) or something like VNC, but encrypted.
- stability: when ran under FreeBSD, but opinions of other OSes are also
  appreciated.
- availability of tools and applications
- availability of nicelooking themes
- restrictiveness of the license

I would greatly appreciate a large number of replies on this thread...