Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 21:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
Cc:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A GUI greyscale interface by default

Terminal based applications are powerful because of their simplicity and
minimal resorce consumption, but there are a number of great curses based
tools out there.  There's Midnight Commander (mc - sort of like a shell
based file manager thingy), ncftp, pico, ee, and other stuff.  MC even
lets you use the mouse too! I don't mind nifty graphical terminal based
programs.  At least they don't comsume as much memory as running X and
it's various applications.

Joey