Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:35:19 -0400
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        Christopher Raven <gurab@lineone.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Brett Taylor wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Christopher Raven wrote:
>
> > and when I added some text it looked pretty good (my opinion).
>
> Hehe - I just did the same thing - I was playing around w/ that image and
> modifying it a bit for my xdm login window.
>
> I didn't add as much text as you did (not for my login window!), but I
> think it looks pretty nice.  The Gimp is always a big help!
>
> You can check my version out at:
>
>         http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/images/daemon.jpg
>
> The shadow is offset to the wrong direction unfortunately.  I can fix that
> though.   :-)

> Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
> http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

 Well, that's pretty good!  The only thing I dont love is the Powered by
FreeBSD: its not clear.
I love the mountain and the magical (maybe like a Shaman) look!
I was thinking if we could find some university student in
publicity/advertising who could help us to do a real campaign.  FreeBSD have
great potential!  Use it.

Malartre