Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:31:39 -0500
From:      "N.B. DelMore" <mylists@inr.net>
To:        FreeBSD-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Recommended Hardware

I need to build two new mail servers and am seeking feedback as to
recommended hardware, in particular, compatible motherboards.

As I see it I have two choices, Pentium III 500 and the new AMD Athelon, I
have always used AMD in the past but have had repeated problems with their
450 MHz K6 processors which I clocked down in order to gain stability.

Our (now) typical mail server uses AMD K6 300 - 400 CPUS, 256 MB RAM,
single SCSI LVD boot drive, Adaptec 2940U2W and is NFS mounted to our RAID
arrays where mail is spooled/delivered.

Your input is appreciated.

Thank you.
Noel