Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 23:52:27 -0500
From:      Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   rsync for mirroring

I'm currently trying to keep two servers as semi-updated mirrors of each
other.

The plan is to have rsync keep the directories in sync via ssh. For security
reasons I have created two plain joe users whose only exceptional capability
is the ability to login to the other machine without being prompted for a
password using ssh.

Now my issue is that using rsync -avz -e "ssh -l /path/to/identify" /path
user@domain:/path

Does not work. Using this line it still prompts for a password. I would rather
not have to give joe user anymore access then he absolutley has to have. I
would prefer to be able to run rsync as root just using joe user's identify
files.

Any idea on how to accomplish, this or an alternative would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Erich Zigler