Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:44:17 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>, MM list <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: aureal kmod (1.3_4) crashes 4.6-stable

On Monday 01 July 2002 10:17 am, Roland Jesse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated from FreeBSD 4.5-stable (about a month or so old) to
> 4.6-stable. All is fine, but sound not working any longer.
>
> Doing a simple "kldload /usr/local/lib/au88x0/snd_au8820.ko" (as I
> did all the time until now) locks the machine up and it reboots.
> Nothing is put into /var/log/messages.

Something like that happened to me when first testing an Aureal card.
Problem was that one could not have pcm built into the kernel, that it
had to be loaded after.

While we have some Aureal users listening, does anyone other than myself
have problems with the first half second or so of output using these
drivers?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net