Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:33:04 +1100
From:      John Vender <john@jmv.com.au>
To:        "Sukhbinder Singh" <sukhbinders@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Installation Problems

On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 12:48 AM, Sukhbinder Singh wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> =A0
> =A0=A0 I am trying to install FreeBSD into my personal computer. I am =
using=20
> the FTP installation method using the standard installation. When I =
try=20
> to start the FTP installation I get message such as :- Warning: no=20
> /dev/tun0 device. PPP will not work !.=A0Unable to start PPP. This=20
> installation cannot be=A0used.
> =A0
> Can you please help me to resolve this problem.
> =A0
> Thanks,

are you trying to do the ftp install using a modem connection and if so,=20=

what type of modem do you have? If you have a winmodem you maybe able to=20=

get it working with FreeBSD once you have FreeBSD installed but you=20
cannot install using it, see

=
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/hardware.html#SUPPORT=
-WINMODEM

I admit I am guessing at the cause of your problem with the installation=20=

and if the above is not relevant hopefully someone more expert than I am=20=

will follow up pointing this out and a way to work out the cause of the=20=

problem you are having.

Please note that mail sent to this list should be sent as plain text,=20
not as html. I have never used hotmail but I believe you can change the=20=

settings so that the e-mails you send are not sent as html.

Cheers...John