Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 17:26:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Keith Stevenson <k.stevenson@louisville.edu>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd vs. linux and NT chart

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, dannyman wrote:

> I'd expect most sane people would sooner buy the CD than do a modum install.
> ;)

*shrug*

I've done like 11 ftp installs over my trusty 33.6 modem.  And that's what
actually got me started with fbsd as opposed to Linux.  I didn't have
space to download then install on the ThinkPad I was using, so I did an
ftp install of 2.2.2... sure it had to fit into 70 megs.. but it was a
good place to start (even though it did reboot when something segfaulted).

- alex