Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:11:12 +0100
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   onStream?

Hi,

I recently had a talk with someone working for onStream, and he got me
all excited about their product, it appears that under Windows you can
play dvd movies directly from tape if you manage to get them on the tape...

He also told me that the drive has been developed by a group which used
to work for Philips on the dcc project, and when that was cancelled they
decided to use the technology they had developed for a tapedrive.

However, it made me wonder about that status of the driver for it,
even more so since a Linux driver has been released, so that should
be able to serve as a reference.

Regards,
Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl