Date:      7 Nov 1997 14:46:14 -0000
From:      faried nawaz <fn@LISP-READER.Hungry.COM>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   lcc variant, freebsd.

From: Prof John Gough <gough@fit.qut.edu.au>
Subject: gardens point / lcc hybrid available
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Nov 1997 00:46:36 -0500
Sender: johnl@iecc.com

"gardens point C" is a hybrid of lcc and the gardens point backends.
A tree-walker traverses lcc's data structures emitting the "DCode" IR as
used by the gardens point compilers. This is a abstract stack machine form
similar to UCODE.

The dgen backends which are being made available are for Intel-386, and
use bottom up tree rewriting, SSA global common subexpression elimination
and graph coloring register allocators.  We may make the SPARC and other
backends available later.

Here is what you get---
        ftp.fit.qut.edu.au in directory /pub/gpc

        gpc.README      more description
        gpc.tar.gz      v3.4 sources + modified files config.h, gen.c
        dgen.{freebsd,linuxaout,linuxelf,exe}.gz
                        gzip binaries for our backends for intel/386
                        for: FreeBSD, Linux/a.out, Linux/ELF, Cygnus/Win32
                        respectively.
        dcode320.ps.gz  latest reference document for the IR used (for
                        those who are interested in how it all works)

The readme talks more about the backends, and includes some SPECINT92
figures for FreeBSD.  Anyone out there that uses our Modula2 or Oberon2
compilers still needs to download dgen, since these dgen versions have
been modified to make them work with the irreducible flowgraphs which
programs with goto's can create.

Enjoy.

John

K John Gough                      Internet:     j.gough@qut.edu.au
Dean of Information Technology    VOX:          +61 7 3864-2781
Queensland University of Tech.    Fax:          +61 7 3864-1507
                                  http://www.dstc.qut.edu.au/~gough/

Automata      _--_|\              Faculty of Information Technology
rules OK     /      QUT           Queensland University of Technology
             \_.--._/             Box 2434  Brisbane 4001  AUSTRALIA
                   v              Phone: +61 7 3864-2111
--
Send compilers articles to compilers@iecc.com, meta-mail to
compilers-request@iecc.com.  Archives at http://www.iecc.com/compilers