Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 07:24:14 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: copying 3.1

> 	It all depends what else is on the CD and whether the CD preparer claims a
> 'compilation copyright'. Check their policy, and if you don't like it, don't
> buy from them.
>
> 	But geez, I got my last FreeBSD cd for $2. I paid more in shipping, but I
> could have bought another for an extra $2. How much does a blank CD cost?
> And how much is your time worth to copy it?

my cd's cost about $50 Australian (for the set) by the time they land at
my postoffice.
Blank cd's are a lot cheaper. I was only looking at a way to share the
cost with another person but I think that someone else has answered my
question for me and Walnut Creek may have actually copyrighted their cd's,
which would prevent straight cdrom copying.

thanks

Andrew Perry