Date:      Wed, 08 Jun 2011 00:53:10 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        "Dave" <dave@g8kbv.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sorry. Numpty alert! FreeBSD Jails... Help?

> and AFIK have downloaded all the sys and ports
> sources..   How do I confirm that,

cd /usr/src
make clean ; make cleandir ; make clean	# gets rid of obj
du -s -k
	547684  .

find . -type d -print | wc
	    4734    4734  119623

cd /usr/ports
du -s -k
	477244  .

find . -type d -print | wc
	   31883   31883  704477

> are there trace logs kept somewhere?

Not that I'm aware of, but I dont use sysinstall beyond minimum installs,
(I get my src/ & ports/ from my cvs tree which is delivered by ctm from mail)
 cvs -Q -R export -r RELENG_8_2_0_RELEASE src   # du=548 M tgz=115 M
 cvs -Q -R export -r RELEASE_8_2_0  ports       # du=475 M tgz= 49 M
 cvs -Q -R export -r RELEASE_8_2_0  doc         # du=100 M tgz= 27 M

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.