Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:24:42 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        sef@Kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Curious...

Sean Eric Fagan stands accused of saying:
> >Basically, calling it "open" is a joke.  Also, somewhere along the line
> >there was supposed to be _source_ available.  Interesting how that hasn't
> >appeared, hmm?
>
> I have initiated discussion with Caldera about this.

Thanks Sean.  It'd be really helpful to know whether they consider it
desirable to ship it with "Open"Linux and deny it the rest of the FS
world, or whether they'll let us take a stab at it as well.  I for one
could be very easily sold on the idea of throwing it into the DOScmd
stuff and nearly/totally replacing the 'standalone' DOS emulation code.

(ie. in "non-boot" mode, you'd treat the DOS app being run as an
 embedded application, or something similar)

For this to work, though, the source has to be available and shareable,
not to mention buildable.