Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:14:00 -0500
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.com>
To:        Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: curious kernel log messages

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I have a problem with webalizer
that I am still experimenting with.  I have a few clients that are
serving so many hits that I have started rotating logs four times a day
and running webalizer right before the rotation.  Occasionally I get a
core dump.

Thanks,

Jim

Bill Vermillion wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 01:06:37PM -0500, Thus Spake bsdnews:
>
> > Yes I have, Just this morning I was reading the daily output logs,
> > and I got a LOT of this:
>
> > file: table is full
> > file: table is full
> > file: table is full
>
> > Yet, all the filesystems have more then enough space left. If
> > someone has an answer to this, please let me know.
>
> I've seen this and then found I had no problem later.  I think it
> was a cron job that ran out of space, and when it aborted it
> cleaned up after itself.
>
> Bill
> --
> Bill Vermillion   bv @ wjv.com