Date:      Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:22:20 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Ariff Abdullah <skywizard@MyBSD.org.my>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6: routing on the local LAN

On 25 Dec 2005 at 2:59, Ariff Abdullah wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:37:56 -0500
> "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org> wrote:
> > Gidday folks,
> >
> > I have an IPv6 routing problem within my LAN behind the gateway.
> >
> > I have an IPv6 tunnel supplied by Hurricane Electric.  The tunnel is
> >
> > setup and working.  From my gateway I can access various IPv6
> > websites (e.g http://www.kame.net).  I have enabled rtadvd(8) on my
> > gateway.  For the netstat, ifconfig, etc, see [1].
> >
> > >From a computer inside my gateway, I cannot ping anything, not even
> > >
> > the gateway.  I suspect it's because the routing tables are not
> > being  set up on the gateway.  I expected the system to do that
> > automatically.  I also expected fxp0 to get an IPv6 address out of
> > this.  Did I guess wrong?  I suspect that if I can get fxp0 on the
> > gateway, all will be well.  If not, I think Ineed to set up static
> > routes.
>
> Add a single 2001:470:1F00:1979::/64 address each for both fxp0/1. You
> don't even need rtadv.conf :)
>
> rc.conf:-
> ipv6_ifconfig_fxp0="2001:470:1F00:1979::1/64"
> ipv6_ifconfig_fxp1="2001:470:1F00:1979::2/64"

Thanks.

I wanted to run rtadvd for the boxes inside the LAN.  That ensure
they get an address in the right range (AFAIK).

Now... I just have to find someone with services, such as cvsup,
available only over IPv6.... But what I've been reading indicates
that cvsup is not IPv6 aware.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/