Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 1998 11:10:25 -0200
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X based Free installation

Hey, folks.

Is there any plan to make a X based installation for FreeBSD ?

I've been thinking: It could make things easyer for those ppl - like me -
who have in-depth WINDOS background.

Of course further details like "Do you want this machine to be an NFS
Server ?" or "Do you want this machine to be an NFS Client ?" and other may
still bbe a problem, but this is another step.

I was VERY frustrated when I first tryed to install Free (Back to 2.1
version) and I just couldn't, because it wouldn't recognize my IDE CD-ROM
drive, and there was no clue why... then, when I was able to get the CD
working (long time and several attempts latter), I got very confused about
those new and hermetic concepts, info and language. And I was not exactly a
rookie.

Today's instasllation (2.2.1) is a bit better, more user friendly, but I
guess it can get better.