Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 95 16:05:47 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        steve@khoros.unm.edu (Steven Jorgensen)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: libc testsuite?

> 	Is there some sort of correctness testsuite for testing
> 	the libc C library under freebsd (or any unix for that
> 	matter.. :) ?

The NIST/PCTS (National Institute of Standards and Technology, POSIX
Conformance Test Suite) is currently available for $2500 from NIST
in Washington, DC, USA.

It requires TET, the Test Environment Toolkit.  TET is available
from several sites around the world, and is part of the UNIX
International archive at ftp.digibd.com that I helped recover
after UI went belly up and their ftp server at uiunix.ui.org went
offline (but AlterNET is still resolving ther !@#$%! address).

TET is a framework for running conformance testing suites, and can
be made to run under FreeBSD with a bit of effort.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.