Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:15:09 -0700
From:      Caleb Stein <caleb.stein@me.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   KDE won't start

Whenever I try to start KDE4, I get this output:

# /usr/local/kde4/etc/rc.d/kdm4 start
Startink kdm4.
Updating KDM configuration
Information: reading pre-existing kdmrc
/usr/local/kde4/share/config/kdm/kdmrc (config version 2.4)
# info: [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
info: [drm] Loading RV710 Microcode
info: [drm] Resetting GPU
info: [drm] writeback test succeeded in 2 usecs
drm0: [ITHREAD]
Jul 19 03:59:47 FreeBSD kdm-bin: :0[28893]: Received unknown or unexpected
command -2 from greeter
Jul 19 03:59:47 FreeBSD kdm-bin: :0[28893]: Abnormal termination of
greeter for display :0, code 125, signal 0
info: [drm] Resetting GPU

The same thing happens when I try to run Gnome or Xfce.  It all started
when I accidentally deleted graphics/jpeg and graphics/png.  I tried
reinstalling them, but it didn't work.  I have done portupgrade -a three
times, but none of them helped.  How can I fix this issue without having
to reinstall?