Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:46:45 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        SUNGBAK KIM <mosworld@lgphilips-lcd.com>
Cc:        BUMSIK KIM <problemq@lgphilips-lcd.com>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg 7.3 execution brings crash and rebooting

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 09:38:12AM +0900, SUNGBAK KIM wrote:

> Hi?  Im using FreeBSD Sparc64,  Ultra60
>
> FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE #0: Tue Nov  6 20:43:14 KST 2007
>     root@xxx.yyy.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> real memory  = 536870912 (512 MB)
> avail memory = 510672896 (487 MB)
> cpu0: Sun Microsystems UltraSparc-II Processor (450.04 MHz CPU)
> cpu1: Sun Microsystems UltraSparc-II Processor (450.04 MHz CPU)
> FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
>
> I had troubled Xorg 7.2 with keymap, non-USB type6 Korean Layout . so,
> updated all ports tree and installed Xorg 7.3,
>
> but, Any form of Xorg 7.3 execution brings crash and rebooting.
>
> /etc/rc.conf
>
> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_port="/dev/cuau3"
> moused_type="mousesystems"
>
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Card0"
>         Driver      "sunffb"
>         BusID       "SBUS:/SUNW,ffb@1e,0"
> EndSection
>
> What is worse, there are no error or warning message. The moment, when I
> do "Enter" with "Xorg -configure", system goes rebooting.

Did Xorg 7.3 work with the old Xorg 7.2 config file apart from
the keyboard problems (and maybe some path adjustments)?

> What can I do more ?

You can boot with the serial console as the "primary" console
and then launch Xorg -configure (generally using keyboard/
screen as "secondary" console is a supported configuration).
If the reboot involves a panic you can easily log it and get
a backtrace via the serial console.

Marius