Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:07:03 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: screen shots

Hi,

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
> Joey Garcia wrote:
> > Nice.  The Cure eh?  Good taste in music! heh  You using OSS for FreeBSD?
> > Nice apss running.  Gimp, gv, AfterStep (what version?), Pine...not bad.
> > What kind of machine you running? What's the stats on it?  Just wondering.

> 	whats the html tool?

I'm not using OSS, just the standard sound stuff from 2.2-STABLE.  The cd
player is xmcd (from the package).  gv has one of my papers that's in
review right now.  The HTML editor is asWedit (a port -
/usr/ports/www/aswedit - I even submitted that one!).  This is AS-1.0 - I
will eventually get screenshots from my home machine of AS-1.4.4, a port
I'm about to submit.

The machine itself is a PPro 200, 48 MB ram, 2 G Barracuda disk, I'm
running 2.2-STABLE, with the last make world April 2nd.  I'm connected
to the internet thru 2 T1's here at work.  The machine is my personal
machine and I do most of my numerical work for my thesis.  In fact most of
the people in my group use it rather than my advisor's work station
because it's faster than the work station (a moderately old HP).

In any case, if you want to know more email me directly.  We don't want to
bore the list.  :-)

Brett