Date:      Wed, 12 May 2004 18:24:52 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        mosborne@cbu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Need advice/direction picking a distro

On May 12, 2004 "mosborne" <mosborne@cbu.edu> wrote:

>Hi all, with the start of the summer here I am going to have
>a little more time on my hands and was wanting to dig into a
>new distro. Up until now I haven't had a lot of time so I
>have just been running man9.1 and I was now thinking about
>making the jump to Debian or even one of the BSD's. What
>I've been looking for on the net and can't seem to find is a
>good review of the pros/cons of a linux distro like Debian
>vs. say freeBSD/openBSD. They all seem to have a great
>informative community and thats what makes the decision
>harder. Please try not too be too biased in your reply. ;]
>thx, m.

Though it's a little biased (but, hey, what'd you expect? of
course we like this OS.), I liked this flier:

http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/bsd_flier.html

Google turned up some interesting items as well:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=linux+bsd+comparison

Regards,
Clayton Rollins

it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/