Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 02:46:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.org, qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: If sysinstall is used after boot to partition, ad0 and wd0 appear

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> This seems reasonable.  Done.  Do we risk it for 4.3 though?

Hence the remainder of the trepidation and waffling throughout my original
response :-).

Hmm.

Hmm.

Excellent question.

Wish I'd remembered this issue before.

How about you MFC it, and make some sort of "everyone test this please
because rwatson and I are fools" announcement and if there are any
problems, we back it out?  It would be good to have fixed.  On the other
hand, it's been broken for a while now and there's no point in shooting
ourselves in the feet, which we have proven so good at doing in the past.